Friday, October 9, 2009

Pregnant twice??

Just the other day I saw a news story about a woman who is pregnant that is carrying another child that is just a few weeks younger than the other. Julia Grovenburg is carrying two children that are due to be born at different times. It's very rare for a woman to ovulate during her pregnancy but it can happen and sometimes this does occur. The children are an estimated 2.5 weeks apart according to the article on babies.rightcelebrity.com. This phenomenon is called superfetation. I was so amazed to read this article and learn about this. I had heard about people getting pregnant while pregnant but just thought they were rumors. Now, I see that it in fact is very true and very real.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That's all I can say. Something that it truly a one-in-a-million thing. I can't imagine being in that situation. The article says they will be, more than likely, born by C-section. My quesiton would be: Are they going to be taken out at the same time? Or does the mom have to be cut open TWICE in the span of a month?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of anything like this but I believe it. Does it ever occur that the second child conceived may not develop correctly because of the two being conceived at different times?

    ReplyDelete